5 Perfect Kitchen Upgrades for a New Look Without Remodeling
Almost every homeowner dreams of a brand new, state-of-the-art kitchen, but kitchen remodels are expensive and can often take months to complete. Fortunately, there are a few easy changes you can make which will give you the updated look you crave with significantly less cost.
5 Perfect Kitchen Upgrades
1. Cabinets–Cabinetsdonotneedtobereplacedtochangethelookofyour kitchen. Consider refacing which leaves the bases in place and changes only the exterior of the cabinetry. Even a fresh coat of paint in a chic new color will dramatically change the look of your kitchen – often a weekend project.
2. BacksplashandCountertops–Trendscomeandgo,ifyouarestilllooking at black granite countertops and backsplash, you can lighten up with one of the latest white toned options. From bright subway tiles to subtle gray, blue and sand tones, a new backsplash and countertop will quickly change the feel of your space.
3. Lighting–Nowisthetimetoremovetheoldfluorescentlightsandreplace them with some of the latest trends in lights. Style magazines show a variety of options including chandeliers, once reserved only for formal dining rooms.
4. Hardware–Changethoseoldpullsandknobs.Thisisasimplechangethat can add some contemporary style to your kitchen.
5. Appliances–Datedblackorwhiteappliancescanpulldownthelookofthe kitchen. Modern stainless steel appliances have become as affordable as the old styles.
Adding a contemporary update to your kitchen doesn’t have to set you back tens of thousands of dollars. Take a quick inventory of the space and you’ll see that a few simple changes can make a huge difference in the look and feel of your kitchen.