La Habra

La Habra

Tucked into the Northwest corner of Orange County, La Habra was founded in 1896 and incorporated as part of Orange County in 1925. Despite its estimated population of over 60,000 residents, La Habra retains a small town feel to it. The name La Habra refers to “The Pass Through the Hills” as La Habra is a natural pass through the hills to the north as discovered by Spanish Explorers in the 1700s.

Toward the end of the 1920s the city was the largest avocado center in Southern California. The city is home to the Children’s Museum at La Habra on Euclid Street. This award winning interactive museum for young children was founded in the late 1970s. It is housed in a historic 1923 Union Pacific train depot. When it first opened it was 1 of a few such museums on the west coast.

The public school district in the area is the La Habra school district for K-8 education and Fullerton Joint Union High School District for 9-12th grades.